> > This one didn't do as well as expected as it ended up causing more
> zero extends than necessary if my memory serves me right. This could be
> a course for a low priority future blueprint.
>
> Dropped.  This plus flag_ree in the future?

I'm not so sure that flag_ree will help AArch32 in the future but that is
certainly a good topic for investigation.

AFAICS, flag_ree helps with removing unnecessary sign/zero extensions when
architectures have a 32 bit register (something like the w* registers on
AArch64) written to and a read from the corresponding value zero extended to a
64 bit register ( i.e. the equivalent x register).

So I'd expect flag_ree to remove the redundant zero extension between

Write to w0
Zero_extend Xn from W0.
Read from Xn .

Regards
Ramana

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.