This will work, except it will be -4 and w1 for ILP32.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski
________________________________
From: Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan.ku...@linaro.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:09 PM
To: Pinski, Andrew
Cc: Linaro Toolchain
Subject: Re: [ACTIVITY] 12 - 16 August 2013

Hi Andrew,

I am not changing the TCB structure. I am placing it before TCB like the way
done in IA64.

+# define TLS_PRE_TCB_SIZE \
+  (sizeof (struct pthread)                                              \
+   + (PTHREAD_STRUCT_END_PADDING < 2 * sizeof (uintptr_t)               \
+      ? ((2 * sizeof (uintptr_t) + __alignof__ (struct pthread) - 1)    \
+         & ~(__alignof__ (struct pthread) - 1))                         \
+      : 0))

And accessing the stack guard in compiler will be like.

 msr tpidr_el0, x0
 ldr x1, [x0-8]

Let me know if this will have impact on your changes.

Attached is the RFC patch.

regards,
Venkat.

On 19 August 2013 10:06, Pinski, Andrew
<andrew.pin...@caviumnetworks.com<mailto:andrew.pin...@caviumnetworks.com>>
wrote:
I think changing TCB will be changing the ABI.  So we don't want to do that I
think.
Also have you thought about how TCB changes are going to change ILP32 too.  I
am almost ready to submit the patches for ILP32 out for review on the binutils,
glibc, gcc, and kernel lists.

Thanks,
Andrew

From: