+++ Zhenqiang Chen [2013-11-21 10:57 +0800]:
> On 21 November 2013 10:44, Trevor Woerner <trevor.woer...@linaro.org> wrote:
> > Hi toolchain gurus,
> >
> > I am about to start some projects working with CortexMx devices and am
> > wondering if anyone has an opinion on which toolchain(s) I should
> > use/investigate?
> >
> > Being a fan of Linaro, my first instinct would be to use cbuild2 to
> > build an arm-none-eabi- toolchain from a 4.8.x tree. But looking
> > around I can't help notice https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded.
> >
> > Does anyone know if gcc-arm-embedded has things the Linaro toolchain
> > doesn't wrt Cortex M0, M3, and M4 device/instruction support?
>
> Yes. The https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded supports Cortex M0, M3, and
> M4.

Debian also has (stricly will have RSN - they've been waiting in the NEW
queue for a month so far) arm-none-eabi- toolchains supporting M0, M3, and M4.

Won't have most un-upstreamed linaro optimisations, but is handy to install.

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/binutils-arm-none-eabi_3.html
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/gcc-arm-none-eabi_3.html

I expect they'll be available in unstable/sid soon.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/