That's what I originally tried -- passing in both --disable-multiarch and
--disable-multilib -- but when I include --disable-multiarch, then I'm back
to that same install error I was getting before. I just tried it again,
with the later eglibc (2.15), and it still errors out (i.e., libgcc isn't
included in the build).

Diane