-----Original Message-----
From: linaro-toolchain [mailto:linaro-toolchain-boun...@lists.linaro.org] On
Behalf Of Prathamesh Kulkarni
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 1:58 PM
To: Linaro Toolchain Mailman List <linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org>
Subject: Re: [ACTIVITY] 25-29 Jan 2016

On 1 February 2016 at 03:27, Prathamesh Kulkarni
<prathamesh.kulka...@linaro.org> wrote:
> == This Week ==
>
> * PR43721 (1/10)
> - Submitted upstream.
> - GIMPLE parts approved by Richard, wants someone else to approve
> rtl-expansion bits.
>
> * benchmarking (1/10)
> - benchmarking tcwg-310 on cortex-a53, cortex-a57, r1-a12, cortex-a17
> - submitted job for INT benchmarks for SPEC2006 for aarch64
>
> * backports (2/10)
> - r232688 automated backport build failed for aarch64-linux-gnu on
> tcwg-backport-gerrit:
> Unrecognized macro 'GERRIT_PATCHSET_REVISION' in '#664-
> ${GERRIT_PATCHSET_REVISION,length=8}'
> Build successful on tcwg-backport-maxim
>
> - r232737, r232631 have at least 4 dependencies.
> - wrote bare bones script to find dependencies for revision
>
> * ccp (2/10)
> - enhancement to hoist stmt thru phi with all constant args
> - patch: http://people.linaro.org/~prathamesh.kulkarni/ccp-mov.diff
> - rejected by Richard, since PRE handles this case when it's
>   trivially profitable and phiprop does similar transform. In general,
>   it's not profitable to have this transform included.

<Pinski> I don't know if this is a good optimization at all.  Because even the
RTL level will try to revert it back to the one single call.  If it was back
propagating simplified statements that is one thing but calls are not the ones
which are simplifiable.

> * Public Holiday (2/10)
>
> * Misc (2/10)
> - Meetings
> - Slides: short & long term activities
>
> == Next Week ==
> - PR43721: look at using define_expand instead of hook, add test-cases
> and few nits
> - tcwg-319 - analyse with perf
tcwg-310