== Progress ==

* LLD Port:
- Got hello world running.
-- Needed a horrible hack to make lld output PLT and GOT entries for
unresolved weak references with default visibility.
- Wrote up in Jira the major areas of work that would be needed for a
useful port.
- Started putting in changes cleanly and writing tests for them.
- Currently hitting a few problems with llvm-mc. I can't generate the
relocations I need to test the linker. The hello world test case used
mainly GCC library objects.
-- Most serious is not emitting R_ARM_BASE_PREL for .word
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE - (label+8)

== Plan ==
* On holiday Monday and Tuesday
* LLVM MC
See how easy it would be to add missing features to llvm-mc as it
would allow me to write more tests.

* LLD
Complete the test cases for the code I've added.
Take stock of where the lld port is and decide where to go from there.
Options are:
- Send an RFC upstream with what I have. It is not sufficient to run
hello world but should be relatively uncontroversial.
- Cleanly implement the emit the unresolved weak references in the PLT
and GOT so hello world will work out of the box on ARM.
- Keep going until I've got Thumb2 support so I don't have to use ARM
only static libraries to make hello world working.
There is obviously a trade off between having a useful linker and the
patch size getting out of hand.