== Progress ==

TCWG-610 ARM Exceptions support
Now fully committed upstream. We should now have support for
exceptions in Shared Objects and Executables.

I've diagnosed problems when static linking after staring at a
disassembly for most of a day. With some hacks I've managed to get a
static link working using a recent Linaro sysroot. Next task is to
resolve these in a more principled way.

TCWG-845 Static linking missing linker defined symbols
- lld doesn't use a built in linker script so we need to add in
symbols that libc.a is expecting the default linker script to
generate.
- lld is defining __tls_get_addr as it expects all TLS to be relaxed,
this isn't the case for ARM or Mips so we need to not define it.

TCWG-829 Support for ifunc
For some annoying reason that I can't work out why, ARM requires the
R_ARM_IRELATIVE relocations to be in the .rel.dyn and not .rel.plt
like all the other targets that lld supports including AArch64

TCWG-828 Static linking and TLS
When static linking the TLS dynamic relocations in the .got must be
resolved statically.
- The other architectures that lld supports have the thread control
block (tcb) after the data so the initial-exec relocations don't need
to add the tcb size to the value put into the .got.
- The module index dynamic relocation needs to be 1 and not 0 (LLD
assumes general dynamic is relaxed away at static link-time).

TCWG-683 Support for branches to undefined weak references
LLD doesn't resolve these to the next instruction so they just hang at runtime.

Some feedback and review for Linaro LLVM team processes.

== Plans ==

Work out a proper solution for TCWG-828 then start upstreaming.
TCWG-683 can be worked around by providing an empty definition of the
function, all the others need to be fixed to get a static libc to
link.