> On Jul 17, 2017, at 10:48 AM, Christophe Lyon <christophe.l...@linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
> * Short week (Friday off)
>
> == Progress ==
> * Infrastructure/validation:
>
> * Benchmarking:
>  - production scripts are now up-to-date, still observing noise on
> some benchmarks

I've investigate noise in 401.bzip2 (6%) and 436.cactusADM (10%).  In both
cases the extra cycle counts were on memory instructions, which suggests
different memory or cache layout.

One of the things we can try is to reboot boards before high-accuracy runs to,
hopefully, get roughly the same physical addresses from the kernel.

We also should try adding cache-misses counters to perf sampling to
confirm/deny our assumptions about memory subsystem.

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org