Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick check and reply.

Kugan Vivekanandarajah <kugan.vivekanandara...@linaro.org> writes:
> > I looked into the structure, adding this field is not going to make the
s=
> tructure bigger for either ILP32 or LP64 targets.  If you want, you use
bit=
> -fields; there is one bool already there which means you can fit 8 bits
in =
> the same area as currently taken up by that one.

> Yes. I should have checked the mem_attrs structure. This does have at
> least a byte left unlike some other tightly packed structures (gimple
> and some tree structures in gcc).

Even though memory usage does not increase, I understand the policy of
wanting to make the data structure simple.

Another way to implement this feature is to use the `addrspace' field
in `struct mem_attrs' without adding any fields.
I think that this implementation may be more decent.
However, since this field holds information specific to the target
machine, changing this will affect many files.

> >> Alternatively, we maybe able to get this info from dwarf info when we
co=
mpile with -g ?

> > I doubt you can.  He wants to know if an instruction is a spill
location.=
>   The location of a variable might be recorded in -g (if it was an user
var=
> iable) but not that does present the data for all temps being spilled.
> >
> > I think the patch is actually a good one in general just needs some
clean=
> up.

I was not thinking about implementation using DWARF.
About 2013, I have created a tool to extract information from DWARF
data in binary files generated by GCC.
At that time, there were some shortages in the DWARF information, and
as a result, it did not go very well.

Best regards,