Progress:
 * VIRT-65 [QEMU upstream maintainership]
  + code review:
   - RTH's v8.1 atomics emulation patchset
   - bugfix to cmsdk UART model
   - bugfix to MPUIR access check for OMAP/StrongARM emulation
   - Alex's float-to-float conversion refactoring
   - SMMUv3 now fully reviewed and in target-arm.next
  + tracked down a bug in our handling of "DUP" vector instruction
    that turned out to be in the new x86 codegen backend that tries
    to use MMX instructions and wasn't quite getting it right. Patch sent.
 * VIRT-164 [improve Cortex-M emulation]
  + working on emulation of Memory Protection Controller; I think we can
    do this neatly using QEMU's IOMMU emulation framework, but it needs
    some improvements to the framework to make that work:
     - feed memory transaction attributes to the IOMMU translate function
       so it can use secure/nonsecure attribute to make decisions
     - allow TCG code to handle accessing data and executing from RAM
       that's on the far side of an IOMMU (currently it asserts if you
       set up a system with an IOMMU in the CPU's data path)
    I have some prototype patches that deal with these and use them in an MPC
    model, which need debugging.

thanks
-- PMM