Interesting how companies keep reinventing the same idea. I came across a
similar tool at IBM 10 years ago name fdprpro which did exactly the same:
it was a post-link optimization tool, which used feedback information
from an instrumented run (similar to PGO) and rebuild the binary with
certain optimizations. The advantage was it did not required the source
code, as BOLT, and it obtained the profile information directly from
hardware counters.

I heard the DB2 team did use it and got some nice improvements in some
workloads, in the order of 5% to 10%.