=== Work done during this 4.5day week ===

* TCWG-1062 (MCF branch prediction overload due to too many
consecutive branches):
  + rework reproduction steps around an existing script that does all
the steps of downloading and installing the benchmark and run it under
perf
  + gather what was observed that triggered the ticket I'm working on
     -> narrowed down to 2/3 functions to be on the lookout
  + benchmark GCC and LLVM and compare the profile for these functions
-> bingo, I can see a branch issue
  + try to get assembly files to add nop and test performance again
     -> code in assembly file is different from output of perf report,
need to rerun benchmark again to make sure I didn't fail there (sigh)
* TCWG-1379 / GCC PR85434 / CVE-2018-12886: upstream review
  + reply to upstream review comments
  + start to test tightening predicate for new instruction pattern
    -> weird build error when trying to bootstrap unrelated to my
changes (missing header issues in stage 1 libgcc build)
* TCWG-1337 / LLVM PR34170:
  + respond to upstream review comments
* Continue work on TCWG-1428 (Support arithmetic on FileCheck regex variable):
  + hammer out syntax based on upstream feedback about what would be
desirable as FileCheck expressions
* Misc:
  + Linaro LLVM buildbot babysitting
  + Arm internal presentation
* Half a day off on Friday

=== Plan for week 30 ===

* TCWG-1428 (Support arithmetic on FileCheck regex variable): address comments
  + rework patch once syntax is agreed
* TCWG-1062 (MCF branch prediction overload due to too many
consecutive branches):
  + find out why assembly file from -save-temps is different from perf
report output
  + check performance when adding padding
  + start to investigate a solution