[TCWG-1473] Fix -fno-integrated-as and -mbig-endian (Linux Kernel
Build with clang)
- Needed some revision to handle linker emulation. Patch in upstream review
[TCWG-1474] Fix out of range branch (CBZ) when -fimplicit-it (or
-fno-integrated-as) and certain kinds of inline assembly
- Committed upstream.
[TCWG-1424] Code-size investigations with PGO
- Marking functions for size optimisation at the earliest possible
stage improves code-size for little loss in performance. The main
beneficiary is that loops are not unrolled in size optimised functions
and inline thresholds are lower.
- LTO with instrumented profiling still sees large increase in size.
Originally thought my changes weren't working with LTO but I think
that something else is happening.
-- Found out that the profiling information isn't being sent to the
LTO code-generator (although it should be present as IR annotations
from the objects.
-- There is an option to pass the sample profile through to the LTO
code-generator but not an instrumented profile file.
-- It seems like the LTO plugin doesn't use the new pass manager
unless a separate option is passed through to the code-generator.
-- It seems like Thin-LTO is where most of upstream development is
these days and there is a slightly different pass pipeline, and some
interaction with profiling. Worth some more experiments.

First draft made of incorporating YVR18 Jira discussion into
Confluence
https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/TCWG/JIRA+Usage+and+Best+Practices