Progress:
 * VIRT-65 [QEMU upstream maintainership]
  + code review:
   - a fix for an A9 global timer device bug
   - imx_fec ethernet bugfixes/cleanups
   - SD card emulation bugfixes/cleanups (including a CVE fix)
   - sm501 graphics card minor fixes
   - implementation of qemu_init_exec_dir() for OSX
   - patchset adding some missing devices to MPS2 boards
   - RTH's v7 MemTag emulation series (this was a big one, took most of
     a couple of days to work through)
  + sent docs patch deprecating our tilegx port
  + discussion about what exactly target code has to do
    for icount support; wrote some patches to remove some 'gen_io_end()'
    calls that turn out to be no-longer-necessary
 * VIRT-364 [QEMU support for ARMv8.1-M extensions]
  + completed the neon decodetree conversion and sent the last batch
    of patches out for review; plan to start on fp16 support next

NB: have recorded my maintainership work under the old VIRT-65
for now; not yet clear when/which jira issue to use in the new UM-*
hierarchy.

thanks
-- PMM