On 31 July 2014 14:44, Ryan Harkin <ryan.har...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Do any of you fine people fancy talking to Liam at ARM about how to get a
> new board set up in LAVA and about what he has to do?
>
> You can go direct to him or I can loop you into the email chain if you let
> me know who to put in the firing line ;-)

The linaro-validation mailing list is the best place: Linaro
Validation <linaro-validation@lists.linaro.org>

> Hi Ryan, apologies I know you’re probably not the right person, but I’m
> hoping you can put us in contact with the right guy.

... mailing list.

> What I wanted to know (any maybe use TC2 as an example) is what s/w is
> required to me running on a target platform for LAVA to work?
>
> Do you need Linux running, do you need DVFS, power gating supported etc.

LAVA being written by Linaro is heavily based around the Linux kernel,
so a kernel image with a CI loop outside LAVA to build new kernels is
going to be the first thing. DVFS is not required, unless if the test
writer (you) is going to want results relating to DVFS. Similar with
power gating. Hardware wise, a serial connection is absolute - and it
needs to not be interrupted or cause bootloader interference when the
board is hard reset remotely. (LAVA will pull the power without
warning and without using any on-board support from time to time. The
board must react smoothly to these resets.) If all you are doing is
booting a kernel, that is all that LAVA stipulates. To do more complex
testing, some amount of writeable media connectivity, working ethernet
support, a distribution with POSIX compatibility and a command line
shell are going to be useful. LAVA developers don't write the tests
for the boards in LAVA, those will need to be designed and tested by
whoever wants the test results. Everything else that may become
necessary is down to what tests need to run on the board.

--

Neil Williams