On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 02:09:21 +0000
"Wu, Songjun" <songjun...@atmel.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found a parameter error in /lava_dispatcher/device/target.py
> In function def _load_boot_cmds
>
> boot_cmds = self.config.cp.get('main', boot_cmds) should be fixed to
> boot_cmds = self.config.cp.get('main', 'boot_cmds')
>
> Please check it, thank you.

A patch is much easier to verify - there are two lines matching your
description in that function and both of those actual lines are:
            boot_cmds = self.config.cp.get('__main__', boot_cmds)

Note the __main__.

However, the get() function here is the python default dict.get()
which is using the boot_cmds variable as the default assignment if the
'main' key does not exist.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/dictionary_get.htm

The variable boot_cmds is set earlier in the function:
        # Set the default boot commands
        if default is None:
            boot_cmds = self.deployment_data['boot_cmds']
        else:
            boot_cmds = default

Please see the documentation on ways to contribute patches for LAVA:
https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/development.html#contributing-upstream

--

Neil Williams