From: linaro-validation [mailto:linaro-validation-boun...@lists.linaro.org] On
Behalf Of Neil Williams
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 6:28 AM
To: linaro-validation@lists.linaro.org
Subject: Re: [Linaro-validation] Lava v2 and YAML job support

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 13:09:30 +0200
Neil Williams <codeh...@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 19:03:37 +0000
> "Albarran, Josue" <j-albar...@ti.com> wrote:
>
> > Alright.
> >
> > When I try to create a device for the device type "beaglebone-black"
> > through the django administrative interface, I don't get the
> > Pipeline Device? checkbox anywhere.
>
> The Device has the Pipeline option, not the Device Type. It is
> possible to have a mix of devices under a single device type.
>

> > Does this mean I have to re-install to get this feature?
>
> No. Nothing in LAVA requires a re-install to enable. Some features may
> require that certain daemons are restarted - this is not one of those
> features either.

What version of lava-server are you running? If you are using
2014.9.1-1 in jessie itself, you need to enable jessie-backports and upgrade
your instance. https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

https://staging.validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/installing_on_debian.html#installing-on-debian-jessie

The django admin interface for a particular device, running on jessie, looks
like http://einval.com/~codehelp/device_admin.png

The Pipeline device checkbox appears below the Device owner details.

--

Neil Williams