Generally, I'd say it was wasteful and bad for the environment to get rid
of a working water heater especially since a newer model gas water heater
is pretty efficient.

More concerning, the request from your Association sounds very fishy to
me.  A water heater should have a much longer life than five years.  I'm
sure your plumber would back you up as new appliances are very overpriced
right now due to supply chain.

But if unnecessary expense isn't an issue and you have time for a project,
go for solar with (American-made) panels.



*Stephanie Smoot*


857 368-9175  work
781 941-6842  personal cell
*617 595-5217 *work cell
126 Chestnut Circle
Lincoln, MA 01773




On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 5:57 AM Christine Damon <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We just received a letter from our condo association stating that our
> perfectly serviceable, gas hot water heater (it is a dual purpose one
> heating the condo and the water) needs to be replaced because the 5 year
> warranty has expired.
>
> Can any of you advise me on what would be the most environmentally
> responsible replacement?
>
> I presume the best alternative would be electric if we could put solar
> panels on the roof. I believe that option has been explored and our roofs
> are not sturdy enough to sustain solar panels (but I may be wrong).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Chris Damon
> Battle Rd Farm
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> --
> The LincolnTalk mailing list.
> To post, send mail to [email protected].
> Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
> Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/
> .
> Change your subscription settings at
> https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.
>
>
-- 
The LincolnTalk mailing list.
To post, send mail to [email protected].
Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/.
Change your subscription settings at 
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.

Reply via email to