Hey SteveHope you are well.
As a librarian, I am always in favor of MORE information not less.  If 
OpenVaers provides more information more easily for people I think that is a 
good thing.  I feel less info is not something I am comfortable with.  Like 
discussions should be open as well?  Don't you agree?
Anyone can always check out to the orginal VAERS site  https://vaers.hhs.gov/   
I just found it kind of cumbersome and messy. I was very pleased to see the 
OpenVaers site appear.  Much useful information doesn't pop up with google. 
google carefully selects mainly to provide ads (I've found - Which prompted me 
to get an adblocker.) and thus I use the search engine DuckDuckgo.com 
frequently.  It provides more infor and doesn't track my searches. You must 
know there are many other search sites as well.  Here is a link (found on 
DuckDuckGo) to the "founders of "openvaers."     
https://www.logically.ai/articles/california-woman-anti-vax-site-openvaers

I also recommend that people check directly with the FDA.gov link for more 
specific info about the COVID vaccines.  Here is the link: 
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines..
  Very informative if you read it all closely. The vaccine insert sheets (that 
you should have access to when you get the vax and boosters) from the Producers 
of the vaccines are also on this site.  
The CDC.gov site is also useful.  Here is the CDC infor about the COVID 
vaccines   link:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
BTW I'm not a conspiracy theorist nor an antivaxxer... Just a librarian who 
believes in open information and conversation.
Take careJean


-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen R. Low <[email protected]>
To: Lincoln Talk <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am
Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] VAERS and OPENVAERS

<!--#yiv4000262711 _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv4000262711 
#yiv4000262711 p.yiv4000262711MsoNormal, #yiv4000262711 
li.yiv4000262711MsoNormal, #yiv4000262711 div.yiv4000262711MsoNormal 
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", 
sans-serif;}#yiv4000262711 h1 
{margin-top:12.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Calibri
 Light", sans-serif;color:#2F5496;font-weight:normal;}#yiv4000262711 a:link, 
#yiv4000262711 span.yiv4000262711MsoHyperlink 
{color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv4000262711 a:visited, 
#yiv4000262711 span.yiv4000262711MsoHyperlinkFollowed 
{color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv4000262711 
p.yiv4000262711MsoListParagraph, #yiv4000262711 
li.yiv4000262711MsoListParagraph, #yiv4000262711 
div.yiv4000262711MsoListParagraph 
{margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:.5in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",
 sans-serif;}#yiv4000262711 p.yiv4000262711msonormal0, #yiv4000262711 
li.yiv4000262711msonormal0, #yiv4000262711 div.yiv4000262711msonormal0 
{margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", 
sans-serif;}#yiv4000262711 span.yiv4000262711EmailStyle19 
{font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv4000262711 
span.yiv4000262711Heading1Char {font-family:"Calibri Light", 
sans-serif;color:#2F5496;}#yiv4000262711 .yiv4000262711MsoChpDefault 
{font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered {}#yiv4000262711 div.yiv4000262711WordSection1 
{}#yiv4000262711 _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered 
{} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered 
{} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered 
{} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered 
{} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered 
{} _filtered {}#yiv4000262711 ol {margin-bottom:0in;}#yiv4000262711 ul 
{margin-bottom:0in;}-->
This website is not new, it has been widely debunked, and is part of the 
conspiracy-theory propaganda machine.

  

The first (and obvious) giveaway is the vagueness of this FAQ on its website:

  

Who is behind OpenVAERS?

OpenVAERS is a project developed by a small team of people with vaccine 
injuries or who have children with vaccine injuries. We do not accept donations 
or solicit fees. There is zero monetization of this site. It is purely created 
in order to help others browse the VAERS records and to identify the reported 
signals that may otherwise get missed.

  

“A small team of people? Hmm. Without names? Zero monetization? Just plain old 
do-gooders? C’mon!

  

Smells like fake news, doesn’t it?

  

Mr. Google offers these items (among many others):

  
   
   - Associated Press: 
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9957832237

  
   
   - Reuters: 
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-rival/fact-check-no-evidence-the-number-of-vaccine-deaths-will-rival-the-number-of-covid-deaths-idUSL2N2O01XU

  
   
   - Factcheck.org: 
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/scicheck-viral-posts-misuse-vaers-data-to-make-false-claims-about-covid-19-vaccines/

  
   
   - Vice: 
https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

  
   
   - PolitiFact: Federal VAERS database is a critical tool for researchers, but 
a breeding ground for misinformation

  
   
   - Newsweek: How a well-meaning U.S. government database fuels dangerous 
vaccine misinformation

  

These days, it’s really important to be alert for alternative facts. They seem 
to be everywhere!

  

Regards,
Steve Low

  

From: Lincoln <[email protected]> On Behalf Of kliattaudi--- via 
Lincoln
Sent: 11/23/2021 6:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [LincolnTalk] VAERS and OPENVAERS

  

I have found this site very useful.  https://openvaers.com/  This link explains 
OpenVaers. 

  

There is now also a sub report BY STATE on the site that you might find very 
useful as well:

https://openvaers.com/covid-data/adverse-events-by-state

  

Jean Palmer

Tower Rd
-- 
The LincolnTalk mailing list.
To post, send mail to [email protected].
Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/.
Change your subscription settings at 
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.

-- 
The LincolnTalk mailing list.
To post, send mail to [email protected].
Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/.
Change your subscription settings at 
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.

Reply via email to