Steve,

Generally these days they have a two step process and a text is usually
sent to your phone with a code to enter as well for added security



On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 2:11 PM Steve Kropper <[email protected]> wrote:

> At midnight, I discovedred that my sister's email account had been
> breached.  I asked her *"Should I have w*o*ken you when I found out?"*
> She said 'no'.  Then I thought more about it.
> With access to your email name and account, a hacker could visit your bank
> web site, enter your email address, request a password reset (sent via
> email), and then wait for the reset email.  They'd have access to your
> account and all its functions.  Even if they don't abuse the access then,
> they now have lots of financial data on you.  And they could empty your
> account right then and there with a transfer, a bill pay or credit card
> use.            Steve Kropper
>
> --
> The LincolnTalk mailing list.
> To post, send mail to [email protected].
> Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
> Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/
> .
> Change your subscription settings at
> https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.
>
>
-- 
The LincolnTalk mailing list.
To post, send mail to [email protected].
Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/.
Change your subscription settings at 
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.

Reply via email to