I was charged an interest fee on the last tax bill like many others early
this year despite not receiving the bill in the mail.  I just received my
second half tax bill fully expecting to see the credit for the interest
fee.  Unfortunately, Lincoln has identified all the people whose bill they
believe was not sent and sent letters informing them of the oversight and
reversed the fee.

To be clear...  You are responsible for the payment unless you have
received a letter explicitly telling you otherwise.  I have two requests...

1.  If you did not receive an original bill and did not receive a letter
confirming they forgot to send you the letter, please contact me or respond
to this thread.  If I am the only one in this predicament, I will gladly
pay the bill.  But if the town treasurer forgot to send dozens of bills and
dozens more were lost in the mail, I think we will have to look deeper.

2.  Can we change the policy to either send out the late fee two weeks
earlier, so someone who receives it has time to rectify the problem?  Or
can we go digital.  Either solution would be a welcome departure from a
policy that makes residents responsible for the post office or town
treasurer error.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
-- 
The LincolnTalk mailing list.
To post, send mail to [email protected].
Search the archives at http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/.
Browse the archives at https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/.
Change your subscription settings at 
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.

Reply via email to