I voice deep concern about effects of Hanscom as a home owner at Battle Road Farm Condominiums and resident of Lincoln.
I’ve lived here about 14 years and experience the growing air and noise pollution. I love my small patio and garden area but slowing rarely sit there anymore. The noise became unbearable. I’m now more elderly and feel the effects on my respiratory system.
During Covid, like many I purchased air purifiers to keep air as clean as I can inside my home. I love the feeling of opening my back door to feel the morning air. For a couple of years now I tracked that if open and a plane flew over, the red alert on the purifier goes off.

I also continue to work online with clients but in recent months the noise from their flight paths and low altitude mean I have to use earphones. Clients have also asked “what is all that sound coming from.”
As well there are times I’m awakened by the noise late at night or in the early morning.

Please don’t tell me if I’m unhappy I should just move or that I’m complaining about people in the armed services. I wish only to protect my own health; the health of all who live or work in this area and their children. My concern does not insult military intelligence and appreciation. They live with me and on this Earth like the rest of us. I just pray and wish we could collectively and collaboratively do more for Earth, Animal and Human survival. It is, in my opinion what is being asked of us. I ponder how many more disasters created by humans have to happen. Will we wake up or not.

Patricia

Sent from my iPhone