Hi Tom,

Actually i want the client to see the demo only, I
want to prevent him from making its illegal copies and
distribute to any 3rd parties by replicating the  CD.

I know its not easy, but can you guide me in a proper
way. Its very critical for me.

Can I use any Xtras/other plugins for this, client is
ready to pay for this stuff.

Thanks,
Biu George.

--- "Thomas W.J.C. McCrystal"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >How can i make the user only run the projector from
> CD
> >drive and sere the presentation and prevent him
> from
> >making copies of the file/s onto HDD / another CD.
> That's not hard. Somewhere in your startup script,
> attempt to write a
> file to a directory underneath (the moviePath). If
> it fails, you're
> running from read-only media and all is well.
>
> >If he copies the content using windows explorer, i
> >want to see the error "Can not copy file:error"
> >message.  I don't want all files to be protected in
> >such a way but want atleast my exe to do that.
> That's lots harder and involves DRM. Stuff like the
> above is a lot easier.
> [To remove yourself from this list, or to change to
> digest mode, go to
> http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post
> messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com
> (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L
> is for learning and helping with programming Lingo.
> Thanks!]

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com