Any way to get the date the disc was burned? Or maybe check the modify
date.  Will the modify date change if the client copies the file?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Buzz Kettles
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 2:20 PM
To: Lingo programming discussion list
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> How to prevent copying a file from CD to HD
oranother CD

Wow - it sounds like you don't trust this client.
Here's some ideas off the top of my head.

1) you could put in a timeout into the projector & inform the client
that they have 1 week or however much you deem appropriate.

OR

2) you could put a file on your website that contains a 'key' & read it
with getNetText (of course this requires that the client be connected to
the web) & inform the client that the application can be remotely
disabled (remove the key).

& the projector could display 'authenticating demo display' or something
along that line, so that they understand/believe this.

& then of course you can remove the key so that even if they copy the
CD, & nothing will work.
(& then the projector could put up a big pirate skull & crossbones or
something like that)

hth
-Buzz