Hi List,

Here's a challenge: I'm trying to create a photo-album - type interface, with a larger picture in the centre and other topics arranged around it in a semi-random placement. The centre photo itself has a small location displacement so that it is not always in the exact centre of the screen.

Photos around this first one become smaller the further away from centre they are, rather like a z-depth effect for variation, yet not so pronounced because it's essentially a 2D interface.

I'm trying to create it dynamically, so that it parses any number of "photos", and can be displayed, or paged (split up into multiple screens). When an image is clicked on, the timeline goes to a photo album page and shows that text and image. The Database stuff is all done, but it's the image placement VIA lingo that is the unknown.

Possible solutions seem to be:

1. OOP and lingo everything - as images are pulled from the database, lingo automatically places them by converting points on a circle (radians?) into X,Y, and a slightly random resize is added. A list is maintained so the page looks the same when a user navigates to it. A caption and mouseover sound is stored in the OOP property to keep it with that image, and played / displayed when required. I'm a beginner in OOP approaches, though I sense it would simplify the code.

2. Alternatively, place all images in a grid, with lists keeping track of which caption and sound belongs to which image. Then add a limited random offset to the position and size of the images.

3. Or, the non-lingo approach with empty sprites already positioned, and the members updated to show new photo albums. Randomness could still be added tot he placement and maintained.

Another way to think of this is like a memory card game, in terms of placement and interactivity, but where the cards need to be different sizes and overlap.

Invited are all thoughts on strategy and lingo for this. Thanks for your time.