Your best bet, if they're using the newest version of Excel, might be to use
Excel's XML file format (it's not the standard Excel format, but it's an
option under the "save as" menu), then you can parse the XML into Director
and go from there.

Charlie Fiskeaux II
Interactive Media Developer
Cre8tive Group