At 12:12 AM +0300 10/19/05, Petro Bochan wrote:
I've got to delete extra RETURN characters on each line to reduce the number
of page breaks. When I issue this code it works only with the trace command.
Whatever the combination I've tried it doesn't seem to work. Please help.

Here's another twist that will exclude blank lines that have optional white space characters:

on stripBlankLines str
  rslt = ""
  repeat while (str.lines.count > 1) -- The empty string has 1 line.
    aLine = str.line[1]
    delete str.line[1]
    -- Discard any line that has zero or more white space chars.
    if ((word 1 to aLine.word.count of aLine).length) then
put aLine &RETURN after rslt end if
  end repeat
  return rslt
end