I've got a couple of suggestions for ya...

Instead of letting director handle the scaling, rotating, etc. of the
imported images, you could use imaging lingo to do it. I'm not sure if
imaging lingo gives you access to the alpha channel, but it would make sense
that it would.

Another alternative is to use the imported images as texture maps  and do
your rotating, scaling, etc. in 3d. With the new anti-alias option in 3d,
this should give the result you want. You did mention that the images would
be running on top of a video feed, so 3d may not work for you, although you
could try importing the video feed as individual frames and use an animating
backdrop for the video. This would require a fair bit of horse-power, but
it's possible that it could work.

Good luck,

Kevan Dettelbach
Lunny Communications