Hello everyone,

i'm working on a program where there are about 15 shortcut keys available to
the user - all are a combination of the Ctrl key + an alphanumeric key.
Currently I have placed a similar piece of code in the movie script:

on keyDown
controlKeyDown = the controlDown

if controlKeyDown and (the key = "a") then
statement
else
if controlKeyDown and (the key = "b") then
statement

etc

end if
end if
end

Is there a less verbose way of doing this.  I have tried a couple of
different case structures, but if its possible, I must have the syntax
wrong.

Also, I tried an earlier message that I am not sure went through.  Some time
ago, I requested assistance with a system menu problem.  It was recommended
that I try the OSControl Xtra.  Did just what I needed - many thanks for the
advice.

Thank you also for any thoughts on the previously mentioned.

Cheers,
--Craig

Craig Taylor
Renegade Digital Media Inc.

Craig Taylor
Renegade Digital Media Inc.

T: 416.930.5206 or 705.733.1996
F: 705-733-0503
M: 30 Summerset Drive, Barrie, ON., L4N 9L7
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.renegadedigital.com

(digital).video | (interactive).multimedia | (web).solutions |
(DVD).authoring | (live_event).media_support