>>> How can I set the colorīs line of a field text member with
>>>  hexadecimal representation or RGB values ?

>> Try setting the 'color', as opposed to the 'foreColor'. It
>> should accept rgb triplets and hex values.
>> member(pmember).line[2].color = rgb(0,0,0)

> unfortunately, this syntax generates 'Property Not Found' for me.

... and the property not found is #color

My mistake, a thousand apologies. I'm always confused when a poster states
"field text member" - as to whether they mean "field member" or "text
member" -  and should have prompted for clarification before responding.

As the poster originally noted, it seems the only way to colourise
individual lines of a field member is by setting its foreColor, which limits
the range to (paletteIndex) 0 - 255. And beyond that, it seems to only work
by reverting to verbose syntax:
-- set the forecolor of line 4 of member "testField" to 4

-Sean.