I'm using Buddy API to make sure a window stays on top of other windows, and
have tried this code, without success:

gBUDAPI=xtra("BudAPI").new()
lwinHandle=baWinHandle()
baWindowToFront(lwinHandle)

I've also tried baStageHandle() to get the handle of the current window, but
to no avail.  I've tried full screen, titleless window, and titled window
projector modes, too, but nothing actually seems to work.  The way I'm
testing to see if it works, is to start the application and then hit alt-tab
to bring another window to the front.  Is this interaction not the same as
another application making itself on top?

Is there any other way to keep my app on top?
There is no need to instantiate Buddy API before using its command-set, so no need for the new() call.

If you want your window to *stay* on top, as opposed to moving it to the front, try baSetWindowState( WinHandle, "StayOnTop" )

HTH,
-Sean.