I recently ran into what is probably the same problem in a large project. You have some text hilighted in a text member, you click on the another application, click back in your Director program, the entire contents of the text member are highlighted.

We spent a lot of time and tried everything we could think of, but we could not come up with a good work-around. Sorry.

Irv