How to avoid the unexpected selection of a text member after we click on the stage previously in the background ?
thank you very much, Jeff Gomes , it is the solution on the Mac too and with miaw !
( I never saw before these functions, activateApplication & deactivateApplication are they new ?)
jean-louis valero

In a Windows-only project with only one editable text member on stage, I had excellent results with the following technique... (I have NOT tested this on Mac or with multiple editable text members.)

<PSEUDO-CODE>

  on deactivateApplication
    STORE my_text_mem.selection in a variable
  end

  on activateApplication
    FIRST set the keyboardFocusSprite to my_text_sprite_number
    THEN set my_text_mem.selection to the value stored above
  end

</PSEUDO-CODE>

Jeff Gomes                     MultiMedia Magic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  "Giving Life to Your Ideas"