I'm using video (mpg) in director movies, is there a way to protect this
media, so  they only can use it in the movie. I've tried to encrypt the
file, but the project is distributed on
CD-Rom and there seems no-way to encrypt it when the file is on the CD-Rom.
Thanks.

A possibility that I'm currently experimenting with is to import the binary data for the MPEG file into an encrypted vList member using readBinary() at author-time, writing it out to an external file at run-time using writeBinary(), linking it to a cast member for playing, and deleting the external file when done. It's surprising how fast the read/write operations are, even for large files.

-Sean.