I want to make one CD ROM project - dinamic map of the city with city objects which are shown dinamicly on the map from database.(Valentina). I have a problem how to make map of the city with zoom option. Is it one big image or to make it from many small images, or something else. I have done similar thing with one image and one object.

In database I store x and y location of object and then position a marker sprite on selected object. If i have more objects to show, how to make n-markers? I can draw oval on bitmap but there is a problem to detect mouse click on one of them and which one and call display_more_information function or miaw.

Did someone have done something similar or have idea how to do this?

Thanks, and sorry for my english
Alex