Elia,

If your MUI dialog appears to be freezing Director, then probably:

1) you've set up the dialog to be modal, and
2) you didn't provide a proper way for the dialog to exit in its callback
handler.

Unlike so-called "Standard" dialog boxes, "General Purpose" MUI dialogs
require callback handlers to process user events that happen while they're
on screen.

Setting up a dialog as modal is normal, but you need to provide a callback
handler that handles the dialog's disposal. If you don't, you can try the
ESC key, but it may not work.

Post the Lingo you're using for the dialog, including the callback handler,
and we may be able to figure out the problem.

> I can't seem to findany multiple line settings for
> #editText. Is that so?

That is so.

See this article for background:
http://www.director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=888

There are also some details on writing callback handlers here:
http://www.director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=1100

HTH,
Rob W