Thanks, Sean! Yes, in OS X, the closeRequest handler is called when you click the Quit
command in the OS X system menu or the Close box in the projector's title bar, and
also when you press Escape (with exitLock set to true). Perfect!

closeRequest is not in Dir MX 10 Help, but there is a Technote on it at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/closerequest.htm. It says this
is an undocumented feature of Dir MX 10.

For some reason, the Escape key is mentioned in the Technote as pertaining to Windows
only. I see it doing exactly the same thing in OS X (Panther).

Slava

At 07:58 AM 7/27/04 +1200, you wrote:

>>It seems that even in Dir 10 there's no way to trap the Esc key when exitLock is set
>>to false. I other words, suppose I want to enable the standard OS X ways of quitting
>>the application--the X button and the Quit command in the system menu--but don't
>>want Esc to close the projector. Is there a way to do that?
>>
>>Director 10 Help says that Escape key "is also supported in Windows." It doesn't
>>list Escape among the keypresses that quit the projector. Bu on my OS X Mac, Escape
>>quits the projector unless exitLock is true. I want to enable the X button and the
>>Quit command in the system menu, but I don't want Escape to close the application.
>>
>>Is there a way?
>
>I don't have a machine running OSX handy to test, but can you set the exitLock to
>TRUE and call quit from an on closeRequest handler (which should be called when the
>user clicks on the close control)? I'm not sure though if this handler fires when you
>choose Quit from the system menu.

Sean Wilson