-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carl West
Sent: 03 September 2004 07:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Getting separate parts of a number

Carl West wrote:

> splitList =

[[integer(pVal+[.5,-.5][1+(pVal>0)]),pVal-integer(pVal+[.5,-.5][1+(pVal>
0)])],[0,0]][1+(pVal=0)]

Oh never mind, Colin's answer can be made into one line and it beats the

pants off us:

splitList = [bitor(pVal,0),pVal- bitor(pVal,0)]

4x faster than mine which was 1.5x faster than Pedja's

--

Carl West
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).