Hi List

One of these days I'll just buy a Mac and work all this out for myself but
until that day...

I'm capturing a user's progress through the troubleshooting application I'm
working on and I'm exporting that to a Rich Text document. However, the
application at some point may need to open this document directly.

PC-wise this is not a problem: just using baOpenFile() to open the document
with whatever application is associated with the .rtf extension (at the very
least Windows users will have Wordpad available).

However, when this runs on the Mac, I'm going to need to give my RTF file
Creator and File Type codes in order for the Finder to know what sort of
file it is, and thus which application baOpenFile() should use. From what
I've read so far if I use "????" for the Creator code and "RTF_" for the
File Type code, the Finder should display a list of applications available
who can read RTF files. Is that correct?

I would perfer this to be a little more seamless i.e. just fires up a basic
RTF reader (MacOS's equivalent to Wordpad effectively - does SimpleText to
rich text?) and shows my file. In this case, if possible, what are the
Creator and File Type codes I need?

Thanks as always

Ross