I'm using Dir MX (not 2004) with MacOS 10.3.4.

I went to use the Memory Inspector and could not find it. I looked up
the manual and it says it should be under Window/Memory Inspector. The
Help says the same but it is not there. And I cannot see it anywhere
else.

There is no memory inspector on Mac. The way OSX manages memory... apparently Director wouldn't be able to tell what was actually going on. That feature became Windows-only with DMX. -- Troy RPSystems, Ltd. http://www.rpsystems.net

You can use the Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities) to keep an eye on things.

hth,
Kurt