Hi,

Thanks for all the posts and helpful opinions.

The reason I need to switch is I am crafting a DVD for a client where I can
test on their deployed laptop. I am incorporating a lot of mpeg-2 video and
I want it run full screen. If I used the native resolution of the laptop I
really couldnąt do this. It would be too taxing on the video card and/or I
would have to blow it up and it would look ugly. I have to use mpeg-2 video
(not allowed to use QuickTime-ahhh) so I am limited by resolution. So the
800x600 switch helps me make a better DVD with a full-screen video
experience.

Since this is not mass-market and I can test on the actual laptops, I am
comfortable with approach.

So that was the reason I wanted to switch the resolution. I look at each
project and develop for it accordingly. I love how the technology advances,
each new project gives me more possibilities than before.

Thanks.

Greg