I've seen it many times. I've never been able to reproduce it exactly, but I usually see it when I am debugging through a parent script. I believe that what happens is that Director "looses track" of the compiled code for a script. It thinks that the script has been compiled, but it can't find it.

My general fix is this:

Open the script
Select the whole script
Open a new script window
Paste
Give the new script, the old script name
Delete the original script
Save and compact
<optionally>
Select the new script in the cast
Cut it from where it is
Paste it back into the original slot in the cast
</optionally>
Recompile all scripts
Save and compact

By deleting the old script and creating a new one, it forces Director to think that this is a new script and therefore, compile new code using it.

Irv