A follow-up to Tab's posting about Trunc last week. Wouldn't it also be
nice to have a RoundDown command? Consider:

put -54/55
-- 0

Now, if I'm calculating the slope of a line (which I am), a rise of -54 and
a run of 55 looks an awful lot like -1 to me. But not to Director. It
rounds up, so negative numbers get clobbered.

The only way I can come up with is so kludgy I hate it.

put integer(float(-54) / 55)
-- -1

This is a case where bitAnd and bitOr won't help, either.

Kerry Thompson
Learning Network