Ernie:

Create a separate handler for detecting the cues:

on exitFrame
   go the frame
end
on cuePassed me, channelID, cuePointNumber, cuePointName
   if (cuePointName = "speedlimit") and (channelID = 1) then
     go to frame 3
   end if
end

By the way, you can put a similar 'on cuePassed' handler in the cast
script for your QT movie. It will then broadcast its cue points to
other sprites which can then react (become visible or invisible,
animate, and so on).

Good luck,

Tom Jacobs
InterVision