I wrote

> The only way I know of to get Director and wired Quicktime talking to
> each other is to hack through any of the following properties:
>
> VR pan/tilt/fieldOfView
> Qt movie volume
> Enabling/disabling tracks
> movietime

Ha! More research over the weekend: Quicktime 5 has a fairly decent way
to get Lingo to communicate (both ways) with wired actions without using
the above trick. It's a bit of a slow hack, but you can exchange as much
data as you want.

I could say more, but then I'd have to kill you.

Register with Apple Developer Connection (free!) and download the QT5
developer pdf if you want to see how this might work.

More details from me after QT5 and LiveStage 3 get out of beta...

--

Brennan