On 7 May 2014, at 18:13, Andy Farkas <an...@andyit.com.au> wrote:
> On 07/05/14 09:48, Jim Birch wrote:
>> My feeling would be that the vast majority of air accidents
>> occur due to deviations from accepted best practice, eg, pilot error.
>
> Have you never watched the "Air Crash Investigation" TV show?
>
> Type it into youtube.

I think your intention was to contradict the above, but anecdotally most
episodes that I have see depict pilot error or some other human error (e.g.
procedure not followed) as the cause rather than mechanical failure.

It would be interesting to see some statistics from a study done on the topic.
Given the nature of the topic, it is without doubt that such numbers would
exist.