Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:59:30 -0700
From: r...@vitendo.ca
To: stephenloos...@outlook.com; l...@anu.edu.au
Subject: Re: [LINK] Gumtree

    Hi SL,

      I do not use Chrome, but I was interested in finding a so-called
      "driveby malware tool"

      from google. Here it is, parameterised for the Gumtree site:

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.gumtree.com.au/

      It appears that third party sites are to blame, i.e.

      Of the 31906 pages we tested on the site over
            the past 90 days, 9809 page(s) resulted in malicious
            software being downloaded and installed without user
            consent. The last time Google visited this site was on
            2014-06-28, and the last time suspicious content was found
            on this site was on 2014-06-28.

          Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s),
            including zamcheck.org/,
          indolocker.com/.

      There you have it.

      cheers

      rickw

      Stephen Loosley wrote:

      Doing an ad search of Gumtree, using Crome, doesanybody else currently
get this site-wide message?

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!

Google Chrome has blocked access to www.gumtree.com.au for now.

Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is
very likely to infect your computer with malware

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial
loss, and permanent file deletion ...
--

Cheers,
Stephen

    --
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

I agreed with the Americans to allow 40m telephone calls a day to be
intercepted in Germany; I just want them to stop listening to my phone!
    -- some German chancellor at some time in the past