Roger,

I use a similar configuration as you describe, multiple devices with
only one as a master and doing deletions, in my case after 14 days, and
a local mail archive (using Emailchemy to extract mail from Thunderbird
and adding it to the archive in RFC format). However, I always use POP,
not IMAP, and have only sometimes had the situation you describe and
just put up with it and delete previously read emails, one smart mailbox
extracting by date and then a bulk deletion. I can only assume the
device's data has got corrupted and do not know of any setting that
might explain this. As it is only an infrequent happening, I put up with it.

bobj

--
Dr Bob Jansen

In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to receive no
further email from me, please send me an email with the subject "No Spam"