On 4/04/2016 11:39 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:

> So how on earth can that be the sole criterion for identifying the applicant
> for suppression of a medical record??

Because if you don't have a medicare number you won't be registered.
It's a faslsehood that you'll get a My Health Record, you still need to
go to your GP, and put something in it.

There's lots of information on the reality of the system here.
https://www.privacy.org.au/Campaigns/MyHR/info.html

> Back to the question:
>
> The first and second pages in the workflow do both display http:// in the
> input box at the top of the page.
>
> However, that isn't conclusive evidence that the contents are transmitted in
> clear.

The general public are told to look for a lock in their browser and/or
that https:// is being used. There isn't one on the page that's asking
for all those personal details
At best it's going to create confusion.
And it's allowed me to tweet that it is dangerous, which is no exaggeration.
And it's stupid.

--

Regards
brd