On 6/06/2016 6:22 PM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
... it seems as though the stories that get traction (pardon the pun) originate from places where car ownership is minimal (large cities), hence the thinking that if it works in a city, it works everywhere. ...
Indeed. I live on the land myself. I doubt that I'll live to see the day when I can order a vehicle to pick me up at my place and take me into town.

But I live in hope. :)

--
David Boxall                    |  When a distinguished but elderly
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  possible, he is almost certainly
                                |  right. When he states that
                                |  something is impossible, he is
                                |  very probably wrong.